Catering from A to Z
New book "Catering from A to Z" by Cyrill Pogodin is worth to read.
Catering can be a difficult and complicated industry to navigate. Often, there are no standardized procedures or documentation that give a business a strong foundation.
Cyrill Pogodin, an internationally acclaimed catering consultant, noticed the same mistakes kept surfacing in different catering companies. He realized the source of the problem is often management being so focused on the next event that they lose sight of the bigger picture.
Whether you are just starting out or are an experienced caterer, Pogodin’s guide will show you how to keep your long-term goals in mind and teach you how to do the following:
- -- understand the structure of traditional catering companies
- -- identify your company’s strengths and weaknesses
- -- create support documentation to promote service standards
- -- develop a quality-control system
- -- promote your company
- -- organize testing events
- -- plan a unique menu
- -- purchase equipment
- -- work with a personnel database to organize hourly employees
- -- cater large-scale events
Pogodin’s advice will give you the tools to build a stable and successful business that your clients can consistently count on.